Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fashionista 101

I've started and deleted about five times now...I just don't know how to start so here it is.

Blog Entry #1:
Fashion is your visual definition of yourself.  It is the way you tell the world who you are without speaking a word.  You may think that sounds shallow, but I disagree.  People, no matter how much money they have, can always look nice, especially these days.  The ever-feared word, recession has actually given real life Carrie Bradshaws* a pass! Websites like hautelook.com and gilt.com give all of us, "soon to be millionaires" (I like to think positive...), a chance to buy the good stuff at realistic prices.  So-I don't want anyone complaining that they can't afford to be trendy, I don't buy it...no pun intended.  
*A real life Carrie Bradshaw (in my mind) is someone who adores fashion but cannot afford it, unlike how Carrie pretends she can't afford those $1,000 Louboutin's.  

Okay, I'm going to start off with my style icons-so everyone can see what I'm about.

Rachel Zoe-She really knows what she's doing when it comes to finding classic vintage pieces and she's never afraid to go glam.

Nicole Richie-Talk about a 180.  I don't even think I can find an outfit of hers that she's worn in the past 4 years that I dislike.  She rocks skinny jeans perfectly, always has amazing shoes, and thank god she made House of Harlow because her accessories are fabulous.

Cameron Diaz-She's perfected the polished, no-effort, I-wake-up-looking-like-this style in her everyday wear.  But what I think goes unnoticed is her ability to always rock the red carpet. 

Mary Kate & Ashley-I shouldn't lump them together in this because they have two distinct styles, but they're names basically roll off the tongue together. I'll never forget the article published about the Olsens in Bazaar a couple years ago.  The author commented on how a majority of fashionistas find themselves turning to two girls 10-20 years younger than them for advice on what to wear. Even though they're probably criticized more than praised, I truly believe they know what they're doing.

Vanessa Hudgens-A newcomer but wow, she's so LA in her day to day outfits.  She's just cool.  We need to watch out for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment