Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A new day, a new reason...

So, I must first start out by emphasizing that I am A. not a photographer, B. do not know models, and C. do not own a studio, so all my shots are makeshift until I move my way up the fashion ladder and can, eventually, have all of the above in my possession. I decided to do some fall looks, taken from my closet only, for a couple different types of events.

Outfit #1: This is perfect for a night out whether it's a date, dinner with the girls, or something where trendiness and edge are a must. I actually wore this to the 3.1 Philip Lim show during NYC Fashion Week (last week).
Shirt: Aqua, Skirt: Topshop, Tights: Wolford, Shoes: Stuart Weitzman for Scoop


Outfit #2: This is what I call my "I want to be Rachel Zoe" outfit. Honestly, I didn't even realize what I was doing, except that I was about to miss my train and needed something fast. Perfect for shopping, grabbing lunch, or a low key night. The "shirt" is actually a dress I bought years ago but didn't quite fit me perfectly, so I'm actually loving it as a baggier shirt. Because of the fringe on the vest, the platform shoes, and the long + baggy/flare pants, I would say this outfit leans more to the bohemian side of the trends right now. And honestly, I'm just kinda obsessed with it. Remember, always look in your closet and try different things on together because A. it's a lot more affordable than buying an entirely new outfit and B. you have no idea how many outfits you can make from your existing wardrobe. The three R's: Recycle, Re-wear, and REINVENT! (Key Note** Make sure you wear SUPER SUPER SUPER high shoes with this style jeans!!!!)
Shirt(Dress): DVF, Vest: Millau, Jeans: Dry Aged Denim, Scarf: I found on my recent trip to Jordan. This is actually meant to wear around your head/neck to block the sun and heat, but your little fashionista bought it in 4 different colors and decided it'd fit so much better as a woman's scarf Shoes: Sergio Rossi


Outfit #3: Okay, please please please excuse the way the "skinny pants" look...hahahaha I'm actually laughing while I'm writing this because I'm embarrassed, but honestly, you try making a studio in your bedroom! Okay anyway, I think this outfit is perfect for work (as long as you work without a dress code) or just for hanging out. It combines the floral that is pretty hot this season, with the studded biker boots that make any outfit ahhhhmazing. It's a simple go to that you can also wear with the jeans and shoes from outfit #2.
Tank: American Apparel, Blouse: What Goes Around Comes Around, Pants: Wolford Tights (in one picture), Rich & Skinny (in the other), Boots: Matisse

2 comments: