Thursday, October 15, 2009

Furrrrr, it's cold in here!

Well it's October 15th and currently snowing in PA and CT...so, I highly suggest jacket shopping.  While the weather is clearly erratic, it's not quite time for the floor length down coats.  So what we're about to embark on is the joy of this season...FUR. 

FUR
Fur, fur, fur, every girl needs it, and should most definitely own it.  Now, my first recommendation: Go vintage.  Ask your mother, grandma, aunt, anyone...they could be completely over their fur and be completely willing to give it up.  I was lucky that my Grandma gave me her stole last year (pictures will be below).  If you don't have any family members willing to dish out their fur (for free), go consignment shopping.  There are fabulous consignment stores all over that have absolutely amazing fur pieces for much less than asking price.  For instance, I got my first fur piece at the fabulous Portobello Road in London (pictures below).  Last weekend, two of my best friends purchased their first furs!  We were walking around Madison Sq. Park and stumbled upon a parking lot flea market.  Allison and Dani each bought a stole for $80-that's practically unheard of in nyc! So people-keep those eyes & ears open...fur is everywhere!

Style Tips: Younger people, ditch the floor-length furs.  Instead, try a stole (ONLY for fancy events), a vest (for everyday use), and a short chunky one (for night wear).

My grandma's fur stole :)



Hooded Rabbit Fur Vest, 525 America $202


My amazing short/chunky fur coat, on Kaplan.  A vintage find...what luck! ~ $100



Jacket: Boxy Faux Fur Chubby Coat, Topshop $170




Vest: Faux Fur Vest, A Common Thread $294





"Furry Vest" By American Eagle (I know, shocking, right?!)  $49.50

No comments:

Post a Comment